Most of the families we work with do not have running water, electricity and central heating. They have little facilities to do laundry and have basic hygiene. Their living conditions often lead to the need for psychological support.
Valentina Romania gives families the opportunity to:
- do their laundry by providing the washing machines
- take a shower in a bathroom set up for them and, also, for the children to brush their teeth every day after they arrive at the day centre
- talk to a psychologist, available daily for children and parents at the centre
- receive training from the Red Cross for basic hygiene tasks
- benefit once a year from dental and ophthalmological checks, monitoring needed care